Interesting commentary on Black Gay Life. We will give you a daily dose of our take on the world out there, while also bringing you the latest in entertainment. Please feel free to comment and tell us what you think about any of the posts. Also, if you think there is a topic we should feature please email and let us know.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's My Birthday

Well people it is my day! I turned 27 today...and I am not sure exactly how I feel about it. I have never been one to make a big deal out of birthdays, however this year I do feel a very great deal of gratitude just for being alive and well. I think that is what birthdays really are all about, a type of personal thanksgiving...its also a time for all of your friends and family to celebrate with you and to be thankful for your life, and you being thankful of having them in yours. So to all the other Virgos out there Happy Birthday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

Hey there.

Happy Birthday to ya. Happy Birthday.

Be well and be safe.


Rod

12:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a moderator of a group and I got hip to your website close to a year ago.
I like what you do. It is similar to what I was doing. The bottom line is I am very appreciative of your being born and being alive today. Your web/blog site is fun to read as well as informative. I hope you don't burn out on it as I've done a few times. What I mean by that is, please take care of yourself.
I know it's fun to express oneself thru this medium, but don't make it your life. You're still young and youth passes far too quickly.
Before you know it you'll be a part of the rejected group "Ol G's" So enjoy life and experience all you can (safely pleaze) while you're looking good and are a desirable age yet. This is not a letter to discourage you from doing the web/blogger. By NO MEANS! Just don't let it interfere with your life. It should be an enhancement to it. If it should ever become less than that, take a break and come back when you have your second wind. Meanwhile, I wish you multiple times your current age in happiness. As well as great spiritual growth, economic prosperity and continued good health. You are appreciated.

6:32 AM

 
Blogger eastcoastbrutha said...

Annonymous...thanks for the well wishes. I am glad that you like the BLOG, and I also appreciate your comments about not not letting it consume ones life. I dont think I am anywhere close to that point as you can probably tell from the frequency of recent posts. Ideally, I would like to post daily, but with a full time career and other personal endeavors that is sometimes just not possible. For me blogging is in the hobby family, but it is a bit more impactful than a hobby because it excercises my mind, and hopefully the mind of those reading. It is also very theraputic as I am sure you already know. At any rate...thanks for the well wishes, and let me know what group you moderate...I may have to write on the story idea you just dropped "When Young Cats turn into Ol G's!" :-)

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Frederick Smith said...

Hey mister... did I wish you Happy Birthday? I guess not. So Happy Birthday! Have a great year!
fs

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home