Interesting commentary on Black Gay Life. We will give you a daily dose of our take on the world out there, while also bringing you the latest in entertainment. Please feel free to comment and tell us what you think about any of the posts. Also, if you think there is a topic we should feature please email and let us know.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

What Should I Read Next? Lazarus!


I usually am ready a couple of thinks at any given moment in time, and I must say that this summer has been pretty busy as far as gay literature is concerned. I have read about 6 new fiction books this summer, some were better than others of course, but I will only mention the ones that I was really feeling here of course. The latest hit in my summer reading program is Lazarus by Rashid Darden. I had Rashid's book for about a month before I started it, only because I was backlogged reading other books, but when I got to it, I found that it was well worth the wait. This book will be especially interesting to anyone who, like I were exploring their sexuality during their college years, also any folks out there involved in or interested in black greek organizations this book will hit dat spot for you too. Really, the book is all around well written, it will definitely keep you flipping the pages. You can find out more about the book and order it at Rashid's website www.oldgoldsoul.com. Keep up the good work Rashid!

2 Comments:

Blogger Frederick Smith said...

I read this book, too, this summer and really enjoyed it. Rashid is a strong writer and put together a great story in LAZARUS. Definitely a must-read!
fs

10:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope its as good as your guys are saying I just ordered a copy a yesterday...

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home