Interesting commentary on Black Gay Life. We will give you a daily dose of our take on the world out there, while also bringing you the latest in entertainment. Please feel free to comment and tell us what you think about any of the posts. Also, if you think there is a topic we should feature please email and let us know.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Questions Surrounding Luther Vandross' Death?


It appears that there are now some questions emerging as to the cause of Luther's death. I don't have much information on this, but according to a FOX News report, Luther's manager Carmen Romano claims that is was a constant struggle between her and Vandross' mother Mary Ida Vandross (pictured) and sister. I am not sure how valid this claim is, but the FOX News article suggests that more details are to come in the following days. I hope that these claims are not true, and more importantly I hope that the world only give Luther the respect that he deserves during this time of mourning. I have seen Luther's mother in several interviews since his stroke two years ago, and I must say she seemed very passionate about doing everything she could to see that Luther recovered. In addition, I have also heard her, and Luther allude to the fact that all of his siblings were deceased already, which causes me to further question the FOX News article. If you are interested in the article you can find it here.

3 Comments:

Blogger zandperl said...

Any news sources other than FOX questioning his death, or is this just another case of they want some hype so they're playing up a conspiracy theory?

9:36 AM

 
Blogger eastcoastbrutha said...

At this point, I have not found another news source pupporting similar information...that is why I posted this infomation cloacked with a heavy disclaimer...I agree with you zandperl...FOX news is not "Fair and Balanced" when it comes to our community, or anything else for that matter.

11:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad but true all of Luthers siblings are deceased, my reason for knowing so is that it has been the topic of conversation between Patti and Luther in several interviews do not believe the hype.This was Gods will

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home